St Peter's, Leckhampton, Burial Registers: 1914-2006
Compiled by Roger Richards from registers held in the Gloucestershire Archives.
Notes: Because the handwriting on the original register is not always clear, the spelling of some names is uncertain.
Click here to see the full list. The file, once opened, can be searched using CTRL+F (PC) or ctrl+cmc (Apple Mac)
This version of the churchyard plan below shows the approximate locations of the graves of certain notable people buried there.
The numbers refer to:
1. John and Domenico Barnett, musicians
2. Richard Purser, died 1868 aged 111
3. Memorial to Dr Edward Wilson, who died with Captain Scott in the Antarctic
4. William Fraser McDonnell, VC (civilian, Indian Mutiny)
5. George Nevile Wyatt, indigo planter, and his wife Augusta Warren Nevile Wyatt, patron of the living 1884 - 1905
6. Fanny Duberly, who was present with her husband during the Crimean War and the Indian Mutiny
7. Major Douglas Reynolds, VC (WW1)
8. Sir Robert Smirke, architect of the British Museum, County Hall Gloucester, etc
9. Baron de Ferrieres, Mayor of Cheltenham and its MP, benefactor
10. Evangeline Butler, 5-year-old daughter of Josephine Butler, social reformer
11. Commander Cecil William Buckley, VC, RN (Crimean War)